This course covers the aspects building real Teams in organizations. Teaming requires trust and commitment beyond what most people are used to. Working in a Team sometimes requires change in behavior that require disciplined effort but provides huge rewards.
This ALL course teaches leaders and team members alike the fundamentals of teamwork. Why is it not only beneficial, but necessary, when working in the complex domain? What can each person do, how can everybody participate in building and cultivating teams. Who are the best candidates for a Team?
Read the full description of the course here…
Agile Lean Leadership context
Understanding the foundational nature of Teams the success of ALL and working in the complex domain.
Understanding the dynamics of teams how to set enabling constraints. Understand the necessity of constantly nurturing and tending to the team like a gardner not a chess master.
Apprehending a collection of patterns, tools, practices and templates that can be used in teamwork depending on context. Understand the applicability of each.
Understanding the events that makes it necessary to deviate from the semi static structure of Teams and use transient Teams based on “crews”. How to adapt to imperfect conditions and still find the evolutionary potential in the present.
ALL – Teams, Content
- What is a real Team? Teams are not just groups of experts. A Team has a common purpose and goal and share commitment and responsibility to reach it. A Team has a common mandate to and authority to reach its goal. Team members take responsibility for each other.
- Concrete ways of teamwork – Team members and leaders need to understand ways of working towards teamwork. First make it safe. No one is punished for admitting a mistake, asking for help or suggesting a better ways of doing things. Leaders must become gardeners not chess masters. Develop the idea of the Team as a unit, always say “we”, never “they”. Retrospectives, after-action-reviews etc. how to stop up and allow time and space for reflection? Best man on the job is boss. Everyone is a leader.
- Organizational tools and templates – Concrete artifacts can help focus and visualize the present. Circle and relationships manifests make teamwork much more transparent, different examples. Maintaining a competency matrix is a simple way of sharing an understanding of the Team’s situation. Visualize work and keep track of commitments and expectations.
- Transient Teaming – Sometimes Teams have to form and perform very quickly due to crisis or opportunity. These Teams are formed as secondary teams with special purpose, people are trained as “crews”. With sudden drops into Chaos, re-teaming occurs. Typically a few very experienced people, who can be trusted, take charge.
- Non-ideal Team conditions – Many have to work in less than ideal conditions. A lot of different things can prevent or diminish teamwork. The Team is not left to do its job, to much interference from the outside. Event-driven work is not properly shielded from the work the Team has to plan. Dependency on external resources, human or otherwise. Too few, too immature or demotivated Team members.
“You will be most effective when members can complement each other without embarrassment and disagree without fear.” – Peter R. Scholtes
ALL Prices and Conditions
- Each course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, NOK/SEK 5,900 or DKK 4,750 when registering more than a month before the course date after that the prices are: EUR 720, NOK/SEK 6,600 or DKK 5,250.
- Courses include meals, course material, certificate of participation, access to on-line resources and free participation in follow-up events for 2 years.
- Participants can choose to pass an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, NOK/SEK 1.500 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until 1 month before start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between 1 month and 2 weeks before course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last 2 weeks before course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at email@example.com. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, NOK/SEK 500 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If it has your interest please contact us for further discussion, via email here… or find the right contact person here…