This course covers the practicalities of introducing Agile Lean Leadership (ALL) into an organization. Patterns, methods and templates to be inspired from are presented and discussed. If you want people to change behavior you have to give them tools that allow them to do so.
This ALL Practition course is for those leaders, who want to get a solid handle on templates, tools and patterns that can be brought into action when embarking on a transformation. The course builds on the Foundation or the Executive course and provides the participant with practical tools for implementing in the organization.
Read the full description of the course here…
Agile Lean Leadership Context
Understanding the practical implications of the prevailing management Neo-Taylorist paradigm versus ALL. Being able to address the ethical dilemmas.
An insight into different tools and workgroup methods that enable the leader to have the best possible intelligence of the present.
A collection of patterns, tools, practices and templates that can be deployed under the right circumstances. A collection of examples of how others have solved challenges and exploited opportunities.
Understanding the mechanisms that make people in an organization willing to try to change. The importance of psychological safety and disciplined reflection.
4 ALL – Practition, Content
- What is the real difference? Highlighting the implications of the Neo-Taylorist approach versus ALL. Describe in own words the differences and how to spot the status of the organization in practice. The ethical dilemmas:
- Wicked problems. Exploitation or sustainability?
- Concrete tools for the Leader – How can the leader get a reasonable understanding of the present and the evolutionary potential therein and monitor the development?
- An ALL Canvas for the situation at hand, is produced.
- The Future Backwards exercise, understanding the present; what will move in the desired direction?
- Cynefin assessment. Individual evaluation – in which domain are people comfortable and can contribute?
- Templates for working with complex challenges.
- Value and Impact estimation. Value follow up.
- Organizational tools and templates – Organizational canvas and Relationship diagram. Circle and relationships manifests, different examples. Various blackboard templates for investigation and problem solving. Roadmaps at large.
- Organizational patterns – Patterns are helpful ideas that can be used as scaffolding, when applying ALL values and principles in context. Contracts, employment etc.
- A mix between planned and event driven work
- Crisis, sudden drops into Chaos, crews, re-teaming.
- ALL Adaptor pattern for incomplete transitions
- ALL in an imperfect world – Often it is not possible to have the perfect Team, supplier or complete ALL transition:
- Team Members pulled out for other work.
- Dependencies on outside experts or other resources.
- Too few, immature or demotivated Team members. Patterns for conflict resolution.
- Change – in behavior, driven by clear purpose, useful tools, psychological safety and submitting to transparency.
“Nobody changes by being told, they have to be shown!.” – Timothy Keller
ALL Prices and Conditions
- Each course is offered at an Early-Bird price of EUR 640, NOK/SEK 5,900 or DKK 4,750 when registering more than a month before the course date after that the prices are: EUR 720, NOK/SEK 6,600 or DKK 5,250.
- Courses include meals, course material, certificate of participation, access to on-line resources and free participation in follow-up events for 2 years.
- Participants can choose to pass an examination after each course. This consists of handing in a written assignment for review and assessment by the instructor and one independent instructor. The students will receive comments and a passed/failed note, grades are not given. The examination costs EUR 160, NOK/SEK 1.500 or DKK 1,200.
- Registration via email at email@example.com, invoices are sent out from the organization arranging the training course. Payment has to be received before start of the course.
- Cancellation policy: Registration can be cancelled up until 1 month before start of the course without any fees. Cancellation between 1 month and 2 weeks before course start is charged with 50% of the course fee. Cancellation the last 2 weeks before course start will be charged fully. Transfer to a later course can be negotiated, in case unforeseen circumstances appear.
- For free events we kindly ask participants to register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the event FOC. After that, a no-show fee of EUR 55, NOK/SEK 500 or DKK 400 will be invoiced.
- The courses are also offered as internal, on-site courses for organizations and companies. Normally a minimum of 10 participants are required. If it has your interest please contact us for further discussion, via email here… or find the right contact person here…